Welcome to DATA606!
Welcome to DATA606! My name is Dr. Jason Bryer and I will be your instructor for this semester. In addition to teaching this course, I am Principal Investigator of a Department of Education grant to develop a Diagnostic Assessment and Achievement of College Skills (see www.DAACS.net for more information) and a Research Data Associate at Cornell University. Couple of important notes as you get started:
- The course syllabus located here: https://spring2020.data606.net I will post all course materials there. Blackboard will be used primarily for submitting assignments.
- Join the Slack channel by clicking here. This will be our primary mode of communication. For private communications, you can either send private Slack messages or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Introduce yourself in the Getting Acquainted forum on Blackboard.
- Once you go through the syllabus, try starting Lab 1 as soon as you can. This will require you to install R and RStudio and will help get you get acquainted with R.
- The best way to reach me is by Slack or email at email@example.com. If you would prefer to talk on the phone or setup a Zoom session, it is best to suggest some times by email first.
- Our meetups will be on Wednesdays from 8:30pm to 9:30pm.
- I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and a fantastic semester! Good luck!